Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Have Son Will Travel

Traveling is not something I relish. I get stressed out when faced with the many uncertainties encountered by a traveler. I worry about losing luggage, about losing my purse, about forgetting something on the plane, about misplacing my passports....just so many unknowns to deal with when one travels. On top of all that, I have a fear of flying.
Recently, I travelled more than 8000 km, for business, both official business and personal business. The trip was wrought with challenges as I handled 2 toddlers on a long haul flight and crossed time zones that turned threw my bio-rhythms out of whack.  I also had to do something that was so emotionally draining, that I started wishing FL was by my side to lend a strong shoulder.
We flew Singapore Airlines and despite the spacious seats, the food was just not what I would have liked. Yes, that's me...when push comes to shove, it's the quality of the food that is of utmost, critical importance. Anyway, Adam seemed to enjoy being in a plane. My small regret is that I didn't have the tenacity to get him into the cockpit. Vow to do it next time. After all, one can never underestimate how such a seemingly insignificant exposure could affect a child's future career.  
As I think back about the trip, I guess it would be unfair, what more inaccurate, to say it was all doom and gloom. The top 10 highlights of the recent sojourn were:
- Saw my 72 year old father, he is my only parent alive as of July 2008
- Saw my sister, brother and new niece, born September 2008
- Met highschool friends, especially Sri, Salmi and Epit who are so close to my heart now after all they have done for me in my time of distress
-Adam has made friends with Salmi's kids who are of the same genre
-Got to drive my X3 
-Found time to get over FLantai, or so I thought
-Attended IPTC, met Halim, saw Khazimad, re-acquainted with Kak Ros and other PCSB gals
-Adam picked up loads of BM vocabulary
-Adam learned to make it through the nite dry
-Introduced to Mr. O, unlikely to be Mr. Right but a nice guy
-Picked up photos that are precious to me
-Bought tons of books for kid's assimilation to Malaysian school 
-Bought the body hugging shirts to wear with some of my clothes here
-Ate durian until I could eat no more....

So I out-did myself and came up with more than 10. I guess the trip was not as bad.

1 comment:

  1. Am glad that a glance of me made it to your top 10 list ...

    ReplyDelete